1) Deciding to give up our apartment in New York to keep traveling, meaning I had to come back early to pack up
2) But my flight was delayed because of snow
3) Giving me less time to pack the contents of my life
4) And move them into storage while sleeping on friend’s couches and trying to get a temporary phone set up
4) Finally finding the perfect place to live in our next destination: Merida, Mexico!
5) Packing my suitcase and finding a flight for this weekend because we have to move in immediately
So between leaving one country, coming home, moving, and then planning to move to a different country…everything has been a little up in the air, to say the least. I haven’t been able to say anything about this new plan because it only just evolved! While we had talked about going to Mexico, we weren’t sure until a few weeks ago, and then we needed to find a place to stay. Even now, we aren’t sure how long we will be staying. Merida is a beautiful city on the Yucatan peninsula, and I’m beyond excited to see it.
For the moment though, it just feels great to be back in New York–coincidentally enough, with art fairs galore! Today, I’m planning to see Verge and Independent, and hopefully the William Kentridge show at MoMA as well.