Welcome! Art Ravels, the arts and culture blog I have written since 2008, is now hosted on the Blog page of this site. With five years of experience in book publishing, I offer freelance editing and writing services. Contact me if you need someone to write compelling copy, edit prose, manage a marketing campaign, or proofread a project for you. More information available on the Freelance page.
Other projects and publications I’ve been up to lately:
- Presenting paper “Memento Park and Skopje 2014: Transition, Monuments, and Memory” at War, Revolution, and Memory: Post-War Monuments in Post-Communist Europe conference February, 17-18, 2017 at the Mimara Museum in Zagreb, Croatia. View the full conference program here.
- Catalog essays on Joe Goode, Mathias Goeritz, and Julião Sarmento in Paper in Profile: Mixografia and Taller de Gráfica Mexicana (Georgia Museum of Art, 2016)
- Curating the exhibition and performance Lily Jue Sheng: Avant-GIF at the AC Institute in New York City as a result of a curatorial residency in October and November
- An essay, ‘Cy Twombly Everlasting,’ on what first drew me to contemporary art, featured in Burnaway Magazine
- Curating EMERGES VIII at Athens Institute for Contemporary Art (ATHICA), the eighth annual exhibition of emerging local artists, up through August 23, 2015 in Athens, GA
- Participant in Burnaway Magazine’s Spring 2015 Emerging Art Writers Mentorship Program
Feel free to message me through the Contact page regarding anything on this site.